Eligibility Requirements for Adoption
- Forever Bound Adoption places children with single adults and married couples who qualify for adoption. Based on Utah Law, Forever Bound Adoption cannot place children with persons who are cohabiting in a relationship that is not a legally valid and binding marriage under the laws of Utah.
- Applicants should be in good physical health, allowing them to raise the child to adulthood. Issues related to past and present medical problems must be addressed by the staff.
- Applicants must have stable emotional and mental health.
- Forever Bound Adoption provides services to all qualified applicants regardless of religious affiliation.
- Income of the applicants should be sufficient to care for the child’s needs.
- Throughout the adoption process, applicants must have medical insurance that will cover the child(ren).
- A minimum of 10 hours of adoption related training is required for all adoptive couples.
- Criminal background/child abuse checks of applicant(s) must not present concerns that would affect applicants’ ability to appropriately care for children.
- Submitting an application as a client of Forever Bound Adoption does not ensure approval for placement.